We needed a battery that could handle massive amounts current, provide the longest run times, have the ability to flex with bamboo skateboard decks and be packaged into a safe and clean battery structure; introducing the GTR Travel Battery!
With a patent-pending design, the Evolve travel battery has no wires used to assemble the battery structure making it very safe and a very organised/clean setup. The battery has also been designed to flex with bamboo skateboard decks as it's ridden within a harsh environment.
Accompanying the unique battery structure is a specially designed BMS (Battery Management System) with built-in thermal and current overload protections. The BMS controls the performance of the battery with unique software ensuring precision and performance.
Flying with your Travel Battery
Our GTR/Stoke Travel Battery (4.2Ah / 144wh) can be taken onto a plane with airline approval prior to boarding. Follow these points to ensure you have a simple and safe journey:
- Every airline has its own policies. Ensure you confirm that your airline accepts lithium-ion batteries before booking your flights. Then, notify the airline during check-in (or in advance) that you have spare batteries in your possession.
- Disassemble the travel battery from your board and store it in your carry-on luggage. Most airlines require the exposed plugs to be covered with a piece of tape (be sure not to take the tape roll on board).
- Store the rest of your board with your check-in luggage. (Tip! Travel with the original box if you don't have a suitable bag)
- All the technical information you need to travel is on the battery itself.
- You can carry a maximum of 2 travel batteries per person.
- 1 x Travel Battery
- Bolts available upon request
GTR1 Bamboo/Stoke: compatible with Series 1 GTR Bamboo/Stoke boards only
GTR1 Carbon: compatible with Series 1 GTR Carbon boards only
See our battery installation video here.
Please refer to the Warranty Policy for more info.